Our pediatric speech therapy is dynamic, fun, and play-based. Communication skills are taught through functional, child-centered activities and we offer both individual and group sessions. The speech-language therapist assesses, diagnoses and treats communicative disorders in children birth – 18 years old. Some of the areas treated include:
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Articulation and Phonological Disorders
- Expressive and Receptive Language Disorders
- Voice and Fluency Difficulties
- Social Communication Disorders
- Specific Language Impairment
Our speech-language therapist are licensed members of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association, and have specialized training in early intervention. The speech therapy philosophy is to take a collaborative approach, working with the family and the child to tailor the therapeutic approach toward their specific needs, creating activities that address many different aspects of the child’s development, and teaching families the tools they require to support their child’s communication needs at home and in the community.
We work directly with clients and their families to create individualized plans to address their current areas of need. If you would like to find out more about our services and how we can assist your family today, please give us a call at 408-865-1365.
Speech Therapy Services and Fees
Evaluations with Report
- Comprehensive Speech and Language Assessment – $600
- This type of evaluation will include 1-1.5 hours of direct assessment time in which the therapist will examine expressive and receptive language skills, articulation, phonological awareness and pragmatics. The cost includes a written report and a half hour parent meeting to explain findings and provide recommendations.
Oral Motor/Articulation Comprehensive Assessment
- This type of evaluation will include 1 hour of direct assessment time in which the therapist will examine articulation (production of sounds), phonology (patterns in sound production) and oral motor function (strength, coordination and movement of the muscles and structures involved in speech).
- Articulation/Language Screening – $192/hour
- This is a 45-60 minute screening for one to two sounds only; e.g. th, r, l, s.
- This screening does not include a written report or parent conference. Should a written report be desired, the charge would be for 30 minutes of time for each a parent conference and a report.
- 30 minute treatment session – $96
- 45 minute treatment session – $144
- 60 minute treatment session – $192
Individual therapy is 25, 40 or 50 minutes of direct contact with you and/or your child per treatment session depending on if you have 30, 45 or 60 minute sessions. Session frequency and length is based on the client’s age, needs and attention. Often 30 minute sessions occur twice weekly and better meet the needs of younger children, while 45 or 60 minute sessions may only occur once weekly and be better suited for older children. The session length and frequency will be determined based on therapist recommendation and client needs.
At times, there may be information that you or the therapist needs to share. You may request that your therapist set aside time during the treatment to discuss any concerns or questions you may have. Some children require additional time for transitioning to leave after the session and some sessions require additional clean-up time following the session. Time will also be used for the therapist to document what was done during the treatment session. The insurance receipt for each full session will therefore be for 30, 45, or 60 minutes total time. If you arrive late, your receipt will reflect the reduced time that services were provided.
If written documentation (a report) other than treatment goals is required more frequently than every 6 months, there will be an additional charge for the report writing time (see below).
First Treatment Session Only
- session time (30, 45, 60 minutes) + $192
- When an assessment was done at another facility, a one time, first session charge is at a higher rate to account for the additional time required by the therapist to review records and reports, plan your child’s therapy and write a treatment plan (to be completed following the first month of therapy). If the assessment was done at this facility, there is no extra charge for the first treatment session. It will be charged at the $192 hourly rate, prorated to account for actual session time.
Deposit for Final 2 Treatments
- A deposit of $288 is to be paid within one month of beginning therapy. It provides payment for the client’s final two sessions at the time of discharge from therapy assuming that a full two sessions notice has been given before ending treatment.
- Written documentation requested more often than 6-month intervals will be charged for the report writing time.
- On-site – $192/hour prorated
- Rate is for in office consultation or by phone. We want to work in a collaborative manner with parents and members of your intervention team. If these services can be performed with the therapist at the clinic, they will be billed at our usual hourly rate.
- Off-site – $192/hour prorated + $15 transportation fee
- Rate is for out of the office, local travel (additional charges for more than 15 miles). We want to work in a collaborative manner with parents and members of your intervention team. At times, attendance at meetings (home visit, team meeting, IEP, etc.) may be appropriate. We are happy to try to arrange our schedule (if possible) to participate in such meetings, but must charge for the time to attend the meeting.
Services such as report writing, preparation of augmented assistive communication devices, review of goals, preparation of specific materials, etc., incur fees. Please check with the therapist or the front desk for clarification.