Development Is Child’s Play is currently in search of volunteers to join our organization. We welcome individuals in need of volunteer hours to gain acceptance to an occupational therapy program or want more experience in a pediatric setting.
Volunteers are assigned a regular weekly shift and hours are generally available 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday. Volunteers may observe therapy sessions and assist with aide duties, including light cleaning, repair, and clerical work. Often we do have a waiting list for volunteers interested in summer volunteer hours therefore it is best to submit an application early.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Personable, responsible and punctual
- Must commit to at least three months of volunteering
- Since we work with children, we must observe special precautions before you can begin:
- Volunteers must provide a negative Tuberculin skin test (TB Test) done within the last 6 months*
- Must obtain fingerprints via LiveScan for state and federal background checks. All volunteers need to pick up a Request for LiveScan Service form from Development Is Child’s Play or call to have it emailed to you. To find LiveScan sites and fees, go to http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/publications/contact.php. Fees vary by site but include state, federal and rolling fees. Volunteers are responsible for all fees.
*If the tuberculin skin test is positive, one must get a chest x-ray to show that there are no signs of TB.
If you would like to be part of the team, please submit your information in the form below. We will respond to your volunteer application as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.